I hope you enjoy this short Christmas poem I wrote as well as the Christmas Story!! I Pray each of you know this feeling of peace, joy & comfort found only through our Saviour Jesus Christ. May God bless & keep you always & give you a wonderful Christmas & a happy New Year!!!
Long ago a little Shepherd boy squealed with delight,
when an angel appeared that Holy Night!
The angel told of God’s newborn Son,
and the sky filled with angels as bright as the sun.
They sang “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, good will toward men.”
He was just a Shepherd boy,
But his heart was filled with joy.
for he knew the saying foretold;
about a Saviour coming to save his fold.
Deborah L. Gladwell
Luke 1:26-38(KJV)(Angel speaks to Mary26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
Matthew 1:18-25(KJV) Angel speaks to Joseph Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lordappeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.
Luke 2:1-7(KJV) Jesus is born And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. 2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) 3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) 5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. 6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:8-20(KJV) Shepherds visit Jesus And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. 17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. 18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
WHAT IF YOU’RE WRONG!
You say you don’t believe in God,
Jesus and all that dumb Christian stuff,
But what if you’re wrong?
You say you do believe in God,
Jesus and all that dumb Christian stuff,
But what if you’re wrong?
Well let me see,
if you don’t believe and are proven wrong,
then by the great deceiver you were deceived
and with him an eternity you will spend.
If you do believe and are proven wrong;
nothing have you lost.
You lived a good clean life and made the world a better place.
People I do believe in God, Jesus and trying to be a good Christian. None of us are perfect or we wouldn’t need a Savior. Those who point their fingers at Christians and call them hypocrites just plain do not understand the Bible. It doesn’t say everyone will be perfect all the time and never sin. It says we have the power to overcome our sins, but all true Christians fight their own sin nature every single day. Sometimes we overcome and sometimes we don’t, as we are still weak humans. So you unbelievers don’t get all puffed up because you think you’re right. How about doing some soul searching of your own? You might find your fingers pointing right back at you!
–Debbie Gladwell– 12/21/2013
1 Corinthians 15:57 (KJV) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
This question each of us has thought of, at one time or another. Some will seek the answer, others will shrug it off. Most are afraid to think about their death, therefore, do not search for the answer. This attitude leads to many misconceptions & untruths.
- This is one such misconception: When we die we do not go to Heaven until Jesus returns
- The bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) We are confident, I say, and willing rather TO BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY, AND TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD This verse tells me our spirit goes to Heaven immediately
- Our body does stay in the ground as we do not need it, however, we will discuss the resurrection of our bodies later. Let’s talk immediate for now.
- 1 Corinthians 15:45-49 tells us
- the first man (Adam) was a living soul; the 2nd man (Jesus) was a quickening spirit.
- We are first, natural & then after death we are spiritual.
- That while on earth we will have an earthly form, but in heaven we will have the image of the heavenly.
- Even before Jesus’ death the saved people spirits did not stay in the grave, they went to a place called Abraham Bosom or Hell (depending on if they were saved or unsaved)
- Luke 16:19-23 (KJV) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom:the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- The spirits in Hell could see the spirits in Abraham’s Bosom, as stated vs 23, but there was a great divide- Luke 16:26 (KJV) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Can you imagine the great torment of the one in hell seeing but not being able to get to the torment free side?
- Luke 23:43 tells us that the thief on the cross would be with Jesus in Paradise (another name for Abraham’s Bosom) “Luke 23:43(KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” When Christ died he descended to Paradise & brought with him the spirits from Abraham’s Bosom.
- Ephesians 4:7-10 (KJV) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
- OUR RESURRECTED BODIES This will not happen until Jesus returns
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18(KJV) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
- Why do we not receive our resurrected bodies until Jesus returns.
- We don’t need them until then
- We will need them to fight the battle of Armageddon
- We will be part of the New Jerusalem
- We will have jobs/duties
Where you spend eternity still falls upon you. If you accepted Jesus as your savior, then you will go to heaven. If you did not accept Jesus as your savior, then hell will be your home. The choice is yours.
Hope this has been helpful. May each of you have a blessed week.
If you are feeling forlorn, at the end of your rope, helpless, alone, forsaken… remember you are not the only one feeling this way. Others in this world are or have felt the same way and have overcome; you can too! I hope you will turn to Jesus.
This is a poem I wrote & I hope it helps someone.
Someone visited me today!
Someone visited me today,
and told me the truth, the light and the way!
The blinds were lifted from my eyes,
and I could see Jesus the crucified.
I hung my head in shame,
because of me His blood was shed.
I could hear their voice saying:
“For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
I lifted my eyes toward Heaven,
and pondered this news I was hearing.
They told me “while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
Then before my eyes my life flashed,
and I could see I had something to live for at last.
I bowed my head and prayed:
Lord I am a sinner and for me Jesus was crucified.
I believe from the grave he arose again,
please Jesus forgive me all my sin,
and I ask you Jesus come in my heart to live. Amen
I looked at my visitor with tears of wonder,
and said thank you for visiting me today,
and for telling me the truth, the light, the way.
–Deborah L. Gladwell—
Just a reminder, at one time we were all lost. Have you told anyone about salvation? Have you taken time out of your life to help others? Sometimes just a short visit, telephone call or encouraging card can make a big difference in someone’s life. Be that difference!
Some ask, What is love?
Love is shown in many ways
The protecting love of a parent
The undying love of a mate
The unselfish love of the military
The soothing love of friendship
The close love of family
The hardest act of love is to let someone go
This is a searing pain
A pain that makes your heart hurt
and your eyes cry
A love that puts another’s well-being
above your own selfish feelings
This is the deepest love of all
Man is not alone in the act of letting someone go
God himself has felt this same heart wrenching pain
His love for us was so great
that he gave his only begotten son
to suffer & die for our SIN
So when we are suffering this great hurt
Take it to God for he understands