Some are attracted by the superficial outward beauty of a person. We should however be attracted by the inter beauty of the soul and not persuaded by our lustful eyes. Some people just shine from the inside out. This is what I call true beauty.
Did you know that Jesus was not a handsome man as pictures often reflect. He was very ordinary in looks. Pay special attention to verse 2; Isaiah 53:1-2(KJV) Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Jesus was God’s son, So why wasn’t he incredibly handsome as Satan was made? Please pay attention to Isaiah 53:2 again. He wasn’t made beautiful so we would not lustfully desire him. He was made ordinary so we could see God through him and not be distracted by his looks. When we accept Jesus as our Savior we are not deluded by good looks. When we see Jesus we see his great love and goodness.
There is a movie, that I have never had the desire to see, “Fifty Shades of Grey”. I think a movie about Jesus called “Forty Shades of Beautiful”, would be a much greater movie, should anyone ever write and produce.
There are many, many beautiful things about Jesus, but let’s look at 40!
JESUS 40 SHADES OF BEAUTIFUL
1. He is God’s Son; Matthew 16:15-16 (KJV) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
2. He is God & man; John 20:28 (KJV) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
3. He is the Messiah; John 4:25-26 (KJV) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
4. Helps sinners; Luke 5:32 (KJV) I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
5. Servant; Mark 10:45 (KJV) For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
6. Loved us so much he died for us; John 15:13 (KJV) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
7. He is still alive: Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
8. Forgiving; Luke 23:34a(KJV) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
9. A man of prayer; Luke 5:16 (KJV) And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.
10. Authority to forgive sins: Mark 2:9-10 (KJV) Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? 10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11. Authority over death; John 11:43-45 (KJV) And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. 45 Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
12. Power to give eternal life: John 10:27-28 KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
13. Healed the sick; Luke 5:13 (KJV) And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
14. He taught with authority; Matthew 7:29 (KJV) For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
15. He was compassionate; Mark 1:41 (KJV) And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
16. He felt sorrow; Matthew 26:38 (KJV) Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
17. He was always obedient to God; Luke 22:42 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
18. Faithful: Hebrews 2:17 (KJV) Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
19. Wise: Luke 2:52 (KJV) And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
20. Humble: John 6:38(KJV) For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
21. Glory: 1 Corinthians 2:8 (KJV) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
22. Messenger: Malachi 3:1(KJV) Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts
23. Prophet: Matthew 21:11(KJV) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
24. Builder: Mark 6:3a(KJV) Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?
25. Anointed by God: Acts 4:27 (KJV) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
26. Perfect: Hebrews 5:9(KJV) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
27. Holy: Acts 3:14 (KJV) But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
28. Leader: Isaiah 55:4 (KJV) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
29. Commander: Isaiah 55:4 (KJV) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
30. He is Royalty: Revelation 17:14 (KJV) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
31. Meek: Matthew 11:29 (KJV) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
32. He was a witness: Isaiah 55:4 (KJV) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
33. He was just: Acts 7:52 (KJV) Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
34. Honest: 1 Peter 2:22 (KJV) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
35. Comforter: John 14:16(KJV) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
36. Helper: Hebrews 13:6 (KJV) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
37. Example for us: John 13:15(KJV) For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
38. He is Hope: 1 Timothy 1:1(KJV) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
39. He is Peace: Ephesians 2:14 (KJV) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
40. He is everything: Colossians 3:11(KJV) Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Take time and meditate on these qualities of Jesus. Save this & re-read until his majesty fully sinks in. There is not one of us that can claim everyone of these qualities.
Let me know if this blog has this helped you in anyway. What are your thoughts? Your interaction would be appreciated.